Wikimedia UK
Open knowledge for all



Help us to create a world in which every single human being can share in the sum of all knowledge.

Wikimedia UK is the national charity for the global Wikimedia movement. We work with the Wikimedia Projects such as Wikipedia to enable people and organisations to contribute to a shared understanding of the world through the democratic creation, distribution and consumption of knowledge.

One of the best ways to support Wikimedia UK is by becoming a regular donor via direct debit. Alternatively, you can provide a one-off donation by cheque or online via PayPal, below.

Making a monthly donation, however small, is one of the best ways that you can support our work. Setting up a direct debit today will help us to achieve our mission to support and advocate for the development of open knowledge, working in partnership with volunteers, the cultural and education sectors and other organisations to make knowledge available, usable and reusable online.

Please note that by donating to Wikimedia UK you are consenting to us keeping and using the information you provide. This is in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.

To set up a direct debit   



You can support Wikimedia UK by sending a cheque to FREEPOST WIKIPEDIA (you will not need to pay for postage). Thank you for your support of open knowledge.


Total Amount
Your Details
Gift Aid Declaration

By selecting 'Yes' above you are confirming that you are a UK Taxpayer and would like Wikimedia UK to treat all donations that you have made in the past 4 years and all donations that you make from the date of this declaration as Gift Aid donations.

About Gift Aid

You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax in each tax year (6 April to 5 April) at least equal to the tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs that you donate to will reclaim on your donations for that tax year (25p on every £1 you give). Please be aware that you will be responsible for any tax shortfall in the event that you have paid insufficient tax to cover the Gift Aid claimed.

Please notify us if you no longer pay sufficient tax, want to cancel this declaration, or change your name or home address. If you pay a higher tax rate, you can claim further tax relief on your Self Assessment tax return.

More about Gift Aid.